Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Framed Ribbon Spring Flowers




Finally, my project entry for the MayArts challenge is done~! I am so happy with the final outcome of this project. I am proud to present to you my Framed Ribbon Spring Flowers! Don't you just love how bright and beautiful everything looks in Springtime? I LOVE it! 

 Ribbon manipulation is new to me, but it is a new passion I have developed over the past few weeks. I love how paper and fabric complement each other. 




All ribbons used on this Challenge project were compliments of MayArts. This is my entry for their DT Call Craft Challenge, which had a theme requirement of Spring Flowers. I used the Flat Rose and Spider Web techniques for my roses. I just learned how to do these while working on this project. You can find my Spider Web Fabric Flower Tutorial here.


May Arts Ribbon Used : 

Leaves : SN48
Yellow Rose: HA27
Red Rose: HA14
Pink Rose: HA17
Brown Silk: HA33
Trim: 378-16

For those of you who know me, you probably know by now that I love 3D projects.  That is why I tried to make this in 3D. I cut some butterflies to adorn my Spring Flowers and weaved a basket which I intentionally raised to have that 3D effect.  I leave the top of the basket open so you can add some batting to poof it up or some moss (Sorry,  I don't have any handy). 


This project makes a great home decor this Spring season or a great gift for Mother's Day.  That's why I included a Happy Mother's Day sentiment cut out on the frame. 

This project is very easy. If I can do it being a newbie on ribbon folding, I bet you can to. C'mon give it a try~!

Thanks a lot for stopping by. If you like this post, please consider leaving a comment, SHARE this blog with your friends and colleagues or subscribe to my newsletter. 



12 comments:

Sandy O

WOW and WOW, this is one fabulous project! I love it. I can't believe you are a beginner. How did you learn it? I would love to be able to do something like this but would not know where to begin! Maybe a few tutorials you could make? ;o) hugs

Kimberly

Awesome, they are great!!! I've been sent by MOMO, isn't she fabulous. Love your blog. I'm now a new follower. Would love if you dropped by mine. www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

Deebi27

Jinky, your basket of beauties is fablous!!! What a great gift for "someone" special...thank you! Deebi27

mom2fivekiddos

WOW! This is beautiful!I am a new follower sent by Momo! I would be blessed if you dropped by my blog www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
Kristin

JinkyK

Ladies, thanks a lot for stopping by my blog+ leaving great comments+following. I will be stopping on your blog tonight too.

Mimi's Kreations

Wow its beautiful I love your blog!!
Momo sent me and I am your new follower
cecy

Unknown

What a wonderful work. I really like it and I love your flowers. I actually can't wait until you publish your flower tutorial e book.

Mimi's Kreations

Hello again I just want it to tell you that I have an award for you at my blog!! go and check it out!!
cecy

cricutmomof2

wow these are beautiful,

Carrie's Corner

Absolutely stunning!!

Hugs
Carrie
www.paperglitterstamps.blogspot.com

Kim

This is gorgeous. The flowers are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

BEARKIS

Beautiful idea,thank you!!!!:))))

Post a Comment