Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Butterflies Easter Basket





First butterflies of Spring on my blog. Yay!  I love butterflies! They are colorful, pretty and graceful. Who wouldn't love them? Today's post is a 3D Tuesday Challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Thanks to Adela who shared this beautiful GoldenNugget Box template. Last night when I first printed the template, I stared at it several times and asked myself what will I do with the template besides making a box. 

This morning, I opened the template again and manipulated it by enlarging the size, enough to fit on a 8½" x 11" sheet of cardstock. I decided to make an Easter Basket out of the Golden Nugget box template. I am happy with the result. I think its beautiful.



I cut my butterflies in different sizes  and colors using my Cricut Expression. I used the Cake Basics Cricut Cartridge. I love the way they look resting on my basket and on my flourish. To me, butterflies represent a sense of evolution ..a change..a transformation. It's just beautiful!




The Easter Basket is equally beautiful. I dry embossed my paper with Tiny Bubbles folder by Cuttlebug. I created my basket handle using my Cricut Cake Basics Cartridge - (Border5). I really like the template because it is very forgiving. You can do anything with it. 


Go ahead and try the challenge. Get your free Nugget Box template here



3 comments:

**Farrah**

Your work is outstanding!! I stumbled here accidently and am glad I did!!
You should enter your projects into more challenges just to get the exposure. Your blog is a hidden GEM!
Farrah
http://www.inkydream.blogspot.com

JinkyK

awww,, that's so sweet of you Farrah. I am just starting to get my blog exposed. From now on, I will try to join more challenges. Thanks to you!

Maggie

Lovely basket love the butterflies and embelishments

Post a Comment