Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quinceañera Exploding Invitation Box


This will be at the top of the post until April 30th. 
Be sure to scroll down.

Quinceañera Invitation Exploding Box - Inside

Hi Folks, Let me unveil to you this Exploding Invitation Box that I designed for a lady that is having her Quinceañera or 15th Birthday in a couple of months from now. She saw my Exploding Box Tutorial on my blog and instead of getting the tutorial, she asked me if I can make Quinceañera Invitation Exploding Box for her in Red and Black. I showed her this design and she absolutely loved it.


Quinceañera Invitation Exploding Box Tutorial now available on my Etsy Shop

This Exploding Box measures 2½"W x2 ½"Lx2 ½"H when closed. It is 100% handmade with perfection. I made the 3D Flowers using my Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge and the leaves are from my Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge. I used 2 colors of organza ribbon to keep the box closed. Once the recipient received and open this Invitation Box- it will explode - like MAGIC!



The focal point of the inside box is the 3-Tier cake. This is not a real cake.Lol!  It is a paper handmade 3-Tier Cake. The Birthday celebrant have the Black and Red color theme going, so I decided to decorate my cake with 1/8" red a satin ribbon and attached cascading red  butterflies. I think it is BEAUTIFUL. 

I used a rubber stamp for the princess dress and color it with markers and add red stickles glitters. I printed the Invitation wording inserts and attached to the other 3 panels. 


Who would not love to attend a party after receiving an invitation as detailed as this one?
Check the PDF Tutorial of this Exploding Box + 3-Tier Cake + Bonus 3D Flower here

The cake was surrounded with floating cut-out flowers and hearts with the aid of acetate strips. Since the acetate is transparent, the cut out flowers looks like they are floating in the air, they dance gracefully the moment you open the box. That's why it is called Exploding Box! 

Some of you might have seen this on the web, but I kinda make it my own by transforming the regular exploding box into and invitation box. The 3-Tier Cake + Princess Dress and the Invitation inserts are my original design. 






So, I have to make 75 pieces of this box, so I better get on it. 
Thanks for stopping by. 




16 comments:

Stacy H-W

Jinky, I'm so impressed!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! You really outdid yourself. Good gracious you are going to be busy making 75 of them!! lol Good luck.

D

Wow!!! What an amazing invitation!!!! It is sooooo beautiful!!!

JinkyK

Thanks Stacy and Denise! I told myself, I created a monster..it's so laborious! It's not that I am complaining. You guys should come over here and help me..lol!

Deebi27

I have made these exploding boxes and they definitely didn't look this spectacular! Jinky you have made this your own in a fabulously wonderful way. WOW! Lucky be the person that receives these invites!!! I have made invites for parties 5 -10 years ago and people have saved them and displayed them to this day!! This box is definitely over the top fabulous and I know will be saved as well!!

Regina

Jinky!1 I love how you used the explosion box for an invitation. I love those magic boxes!!

arlsmom aka Lynda

Wow...these are amazing!!!

AmyT

These are adorable. Beautiful invitations. Good job.

Trina

These exploding boxes with cakes are absolutely beautiful. I am so glad I have found this blog. Thank you for sharing.

Gir Guerreiro

Congratulations!!
Hugs

Yone

Your exploding box is fabulous ! I knew about your blog from Carla's Blog and I'm now your follower. Hugs,Yone

Josele Lopes

Q trabalho maravilhoso.
Bjs bjs

Mari

I absolutely love this for my grand daughters upcoming party. My question is how would I mail these... Such a cool idea!!

JinkyK

Hi Mari, some of my clients use USPS priority box. If you want a flat pop-up invitations just email me to jinky@jinkyscrafts.com. Thank you!

*El Rincon de Sandy*

I love your exploding boxes!!
I am going to buy the PDF, because in 4 months is my niece's sweet 15 and we decided to make the invitations with your Idea.
would you help me with the tips and apart from the PDF what more should I Buy?
thanks for your help
Sandy

Anonymous

Hi i wanted to kno how much the invitations costs

JinkyK

hi, please email your inquiries to jinky@jinkyscrafts.com, thanks!

Post a Comment