Monday, August 22, 2011

Fall Theme Explosion Box Invitation




Hello everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Many of you have been asking me to make tutorials for some of my favorite projects I listed on my MayArts Bio. So as a starter I will be sharing a tutorial today on how to make a Spider Web Ribbon Flower. But before that, let me share first this Fall Theme Explosion Invitation Box that I decorated with the Craft Lounge Nuts About You Fall Stamp set.



The Craft Lounge Nuts About You stamps was perfect for this Fall Theme Invitation. I stamped a few of the borders and colored them with markers.  Then, I used those to trim my 3-tier cake. I stamped and cut a few of the fall leaves to use as an accent to my cascading flowers. I love the way it turned out.



I used a glitter pen on the leaves and sprinkled some Irish Green Sparkly Fluff. I love how it instantly added sparkle and touch-ability to my fall leaves. And there is no heat required! Just sprinkle it onto any sticky surface, tap off the excess and let it dry! Its that simple!








I wrapped a Sheer ribbon around the bottom part of my 3-Tier cake. And then I stamped more leaves on the panels of my box.


Ribbons Used:

1.5" Faux Linen - 368-15-17
5/8" Sheer/Ombre - AE28
3" Satin Ribbon - KK16


Ok, as I promised, the folding technique I used before on my Framed Spring Ribbon Flowers were Flat Rose and Spider Web. Today, I will share with you the Spider Web Tutorial. This is the technique I used in making my Ribbon Flower that I used to adorn my Explosion Box Lid cover.


Spider Web Fabric Flower Tutorial



Click image to enlarge


Click Image to enlarge

You can find the complete step-by-step tutorial of my Exploding Box with 3-Tier Cake here.



Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you LIKE my projects and that I inspired you today! 

3 comments:

jen shears

this is amazing! I love the flower- will have to try it for sure! :)

D

Hey creative girl, I've got a blog award for you on my blog.

Stacy H-W

Beautiful project Jinky! I love the fall colors you used. Thanks for the tutorial too . I will be trying out those flowers soon!

Post a Comment