Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Exploding Box and Card


Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!






I have been meaning to post this project since this morning but our power keeps going out. I just hope everyone enjoyed following my 14 Days of Handmade Valentine Crafts.Thank you very much for supporting my blog.  Today, is our last day and we have to look forward for Easter and Spring projects again. 




Finally,  Day 14 project of the 14 Days of Handmade Valentine Crafts is here. It is a Valentine Exploding Box. I have written a step-by-step tutorial for this Exploding box  on my older postings and I also have received lots of good comments and custom orders. I don't know about you, but I love this box because when you open it, it explodes like a magic box!


My Valentine Exploding Box was decorated with floating hearts + butterflies + flowers and the 3 tier cake is the focal point. All the 4 panels was also decorated with some sentiments cutout from my Cricut Holiday Cake Cartridge

Below photo is my Exploding Invitation Box




Here's my Day 13 of the 14 Days of Handmade Valentine Crafts

Valentine Greeting Card Rosettes

I saw this beautiful card on Etsy and even ordered it for my brother so he could give it to his wife today- Valentines Day! I was disappointed to learn that it had not arrived yet. All I know is that it has been 2 weeks since I placed the order.  And I was told it would be shipped the same day. I don't know where it is at this point. I am in Latin America right now, and I thought that buying someone else's work from a fellow Crafter in North America would be faster to get to my brother in Canada.  I was wrong! 


So, I decided to replicate her card. The only change I made was the flower. I had rosettes and she had different quilled flowers. Oh, I just wish I could just hand this over to my brother now. 

Well, this Valentine Card is very simple to make. I used my Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge in making the hearts and Holiday Cake Cricut Cartridge for the swirled flowers. The flower rosettes is not new to you, I already post a tutorial on my previous blog, check it here


Hope everyone is enjoying their Valentine's celebrations and hope you enjoyed looking into my Valentine projects too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment